Is this normal??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
I haven't made it that far. I'm just to the 4 pinion planetary. I stopped there because i didn't need to go any farter

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
it can be a major PITA to get out. it goes right here

You must be registered for see images attach

I pray yours just falls out.

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
Haha thank you. Where exactly is this in the trans? I see the picture but it doesn't show how far into the tear down it is

98_k1500

Reaction score
Its a little deeper than you are right now. Are you down to the rear planetary gears with the output shaft in them?

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
No I just pull the imput shaft and drum out so far.

98_k1500

Reaction score
Ok, its alot deeper than you are now. Do you have a book or anything to go by on it?

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
I'm not rebuilding right now. I'm just gonna swap input shafts so I can use what I have at the moment. I know it's a lot of work but I'm making due. I'm gonna rebuild it within a few months. I'm gonna get a book and all of that good stuff. I'm eventually gonna by the adapter so I can run the 300mm imput.

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
I've already got the 298 shaft out. I've got to drop my trans and swap out the other one but I'm gonna do that next weekend