is this even repairable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
No prob! But, if it's O.K. with you, I'll have to get back to you later tonight on this. I really have to get some stuff produced & outa the shop today! (Damn impatient customers! Don't they know that I have a forum to post on? yeesh!)

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah thats totally fine with me. Im two finger typing on my phone behind my note book in my college literature class. Guess i shoukd start paying attention lol!

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
This happened to my passenger seat. I am guessing its similar. Under the back of the seat the leather should be hooked or velcro'd on, you just unhook it an gently peal it up like a sock till you see the hinge. I had a busted bolt. .40¢ at ace hardware to fix.

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ill check that out when i get out of here. When you say peel it like a sock will i have to remove the arm rest or does that not matter?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If he has to completely remove the cover, that arm rest can be a bit of a bear to get out. There's a trick to getting the headrest out, too.
From the pix, it looks like the stamped pan has broken away from the frame. Just by the way that the backrest is twisted.
If it's just a bolt, then the armrest will not have to be removed. But I think it's a little more gone than just a missing/broken bolt.

vortecv8~5.3l

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine did that. I fixed it with steel and a welder. Question? How fat are you I'm 350. Just curious because me friends give me .

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im 270 lol but i bought this Tahoe with the seat broken already (i swear lol) what i dont understand is the guy i bought it from was an older (50-60) tall and lanky. Maybe 120lbs lol.

He said he had a daughter... im assuming thats why the evaporator core was caked with mud.. maybe she was a big girl lol

DHGFX4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Talked to a buddy of mine. His mother is an upholsterer and hes a welder by trade.. and he offered to tear into my seat.
You must be registered for see images

This was all that was left of my frame after removing the broken parts lol
You must be registered for see images

The bottom cross bar broke on one side, the outer frame broke at the corner, the upper cross bar snapped off, and the small rod that runs across broke off as well.. but its all welded back together and as good as new.

Now the icing on the cake.. while we were wrestling the leather off a relay fell off from the bottom of the seat. I plugged it back in before we bolted it back in the truck.. and now my heated seat works! Winning.