Is there a way to make the gas pedal less stiff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Like the title says, I think it would be a badass mod. More than once have I misjudged my foot pressure and not pressed hard enough to get it goin or too hard and spun the tires. I'd like the pedal to be soft and "springy" like the Vortec NBS trucks, and be more responsive. Is this possible? I think it would be a very worthwhile thing to do. Rather start a new thread than ask in the chat thread.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I've heard removing the outer plastic shaft on rye cable near the throttle body works well.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Make sure the kickdown and throttle cables are not crossed and on eachothers posts. Night and day difference haha

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
wear bigger cowboy boots!

sorry.. i got nothing :shrug:

The day I picked mine up, I was getting used to driving with them on when it started POURING on my way home. Naturally, heavy boots+lots of torque, I was spinning the tires at every light Haha even spun them at 30mph just mashed it down.

bassplayaz06

Reaction score
Possibly cutting a ring off the spring, then bending part over to make the thing that grabs the throttle. essentially shortening the spring making it lighter. i've been thinking about that since i got my truck. it's dangerous driving the '92 then getting into the '90 454SS with half the pedal pressure.