Is there a underbed super notch i can bolt on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ive been very interested in the avs super notch for my 95 rcsb. My plans are adding some 2" shackles to my flip and making 8" of drop out back and have read thats a good notch for that setup. But I was wondering if anyone makes something like the avs notch that i can bolt up? Im not a welder by any stretch of the imagination, and my buddy who could weld the avs notch up for me is not around much.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Your typical bolt-on notch like a Belltech only has a little bit of gap before the bed floor anyway, so that will probably answer your question. There's room to hack it up and maybe get another inch, been a while since I seriously thought about it and measured, but it's not much.

Richard

Reaction score
That is exactly what i was looking for! it looks just like the one that avs makes but i dont have to weld it together! Thanks so much. I got the bed off rite now, id assume all i need to do is cut the bed support above the frame on each side to make some room. Also i moved all the brake lines over one bolt on my differential to keep them from pinching, and i cut the bed support over the diff. Do you have any other suggestions? Im adding 2" shackles to a flip kit. So anything else i could do before i put that heavy ass bed on would be awesome!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It sounds like you have the right plan in mind, and yes you just notch the bed brace above the notch for those.