Interior molding for headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those 'B' pillars for a later RCSB's have the slotted adjustment holes? Damn. I never found any of those when I was looking for mine.
They all had the stationary position openings.
Or is it just the Ex's & crewcabs that came with the slots in the trim?
My truck's upper belts are adjustable, but when I installed the plastic, they had to be at the top of the slot on the body in order to fit through that single hole in the trim.

I'd forgotten about the dif in the 'A' pillar trim.
When I built my '94 3500HD (regular cab) I used the '94 cab but swapped to the later interior, which ended up being a mixture of parts from '95-'98. I didn't use the B pillars from the '96 donor truck because it had the slots for the adjustable shoulder belts, where the '94 cab of course doesn't have that feature. I got the B pillar plastics from a '95 as they were still fixed although '95 is the updated interior.

I went through a whole lot of SEM Medium Gray, clear, and adhesion promoter.. as well as TSP (substitute; can't easily find TSP around here) and gray Scotchbrite pads, to get all the various parts the color they needed to be.

Richard

steveed

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pieced most of the back of my interior (extended cab) from various junkyard parts all blue but different shades. Eventually I will paint it or have someone do it, I don't often have the patience for painting.

One thing I noticed is that on the passenger side 'B' pillar the hole for the coat hook (I am assuming that's what it is) does not line up properly. My truck is a 92 and the shoulder belt hole is fixed on the 'B' pillar. Maybe it's from the later model years? I should have paid more attention at the scrap yard I guess. I might try to drill a new hole when I pull it out (going to do some interior clean up and sound mats)