looking for interior trim piece

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
looking for the upper trim piece above rear window, dome light and coat hooks attach to this piece, interior color is light brown from what I have found from my research, I've looked at flea-bay, $$$$ and not the right color, I really don't want to rattle can the part even though I know they have the interior paint for it, I would really appreciate any leads or pointed in a direction where I could find one, I have had the truck for about a month now and want/need to get the interior back in the game, the PO was a smoker!!! Thanks for any help, and this is a killer forum/site!!!!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the piece broken, or just stained from smoke? If it's stained, try scrubbing it with Barkeep's Friend or Comet.

I recolored my entire interior with black vinyl paint. It's a fair chunk of work, but well worth it. Everything is guaranteed to match.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah if it's just smoke stained, some serious cleaning will go a long way - and re-spray with SEM color if necessary. The problem with replacing that part is sourcing a good one is difficult, due to the large number of broken ones from improper removal. There's a screw in each end of it, but they're hidden by where the B-pillar plastics interlock with it. Best path is to remove your jack storage box, seatbelt retractors, then the B-pillar plastics. A "hinge" motion where you take the lower end of the B-pillar plastics away from the body first, so that you can slip the interlocking fingers apart at the upper end without breaking them, is the way.

Richard

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys, the piece is broken from " of course improper removal" when the the truck was resprayed B4 I bought it a couple of months ago, I've seen a few listed, and it looks like thats the way I'm going to have to go, SEM makes a good product as long as you do the correct prep work, so thats the route I'm going to take, I'm lucky thats the only piece that is broken, at least the paint job was done correct, removing door panels, doors removed, fenders, hood, bed, etc... then reassembled, plus there are a couple of good sources out there for new door panels, carpet and headliner replacements that will bring it back up to par, I just did a car "bomb" air freshener and it seems to have taken care of the smoker's smell for now, only time will tell on that! Thanks again for the help and info Erik the awful, good call on the "barkeepers" totally forgot about that product!! someotherguy thanks for the heads up on the hidden screws on the trim pieces, headliner, carpet next, then door panels, dash cover, then seats... money and time..

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You may already know this but just in case, the big lower rear windshield trim piece has clips along the top edge that face down into the body, and close to the bottom that face towards the bed. The method for removal is to pop the bottom loose first, pull it gently away from the body just enough for the clips to clear and not break as you then push up to release the clips along the top edge. And of course this piece gotta come out before you can move the B pillars inwards. So many little details it's easy to forget when typing 'em out.

Richard

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the rear window lower trim piece, couldn't find any thing out on how to remove that, boy thats gonna save me some grief!!! So that rear lower piece has got to come out first from what your saying, then I can remove the B-pillers which will give me access to the rear upper trim piece for its removal, and upper seat belt bolt of course, that should keep me busy for the weekend... Thanks Richard!

Joe

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Your order of removal is correct. That header piece is still a beast to remove and reinstall. I broke a tab off mine and had to glue it back on and repaint it with SEM paint. If I can ever find one, I’ll replace mine too. It irks me looking at it

You must be registered for see images attach

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your plastic trim piece above the rear window has coat hooks on it? My RC has them on the side under the seat belt pivot. I have been looking for a Topkick because they have the hooks in the rear piece. When I put a hanger on the side hook, it blocks my side view.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
find the clips and pry near the clips. Sometimes you will tear out the backside of the plastic that holds the clips. The clips can be glued back to the plastic.

You must be registered for see images attach

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks TechNova, I've had those tools for awhile now, ITC member with HF, those have been a pretty good buy, yes my upper trim piece has the coat hooks in them, seems to be a pretty good spot for them, I can see how the ones on the B-piller could be a PITA for blocking your side vision! If they break seems like JB weld is in order for the repair! Thanks John for the confirmation on the order of removal for the interior pieces! Any thoughts on the headliner as far as tearing off old material then replacing material or installing a whole new headliner?