Interior trim paint match question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Would I need to prime fiberglass? I have some automotive printer already.
I didn’t prime the piece I painted, I just cleaned it real well. Of course, my piece doesn’t have anyone’s feet kicking on it regularly like a kick panel. Check SEM’s website for directions on applying Color Coat. They sell a base coat adhesion promoter that would be wise for your application.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Something many of us say again and again. You really need the factory OE service manual. It covers everything if only people would turn the page and read.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230820-135623.png
    Screenshot_20230820-135623.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 7

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And this one, if do a search in the forum you find the link to download the service , repair manuals . That is option list of all options available for 88 year truck. The RPO also has the paint codes, as explained on this page.

Insert Quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you need it in a can, I've ordered from this place and haven't had any problems:

Attachments

• 1989 ColorCoat Mixing System.pdf
    454.2 KB · Views: 6

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Perhaps these folks might help. They recommend calling a dealer with the vin to find the correct color code. I used this product years ago on some vinyl seats. It wore extremely well. Having the vinyl scrubbed clean was essential.