Vinyl Wrapping Interior Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Ok, not to beat a dead horse here but since I decided to wrap my original bezels I ordered the matte gunmetal wrap too. I like the gunmetal color and for about $14 plus tax I can see how it looks compared to the brushed gunmetal wrap. I can always do a return to Amazon if I really hate it.

You must be registered for see images attach

BTW: Is anyone as wishy washy with their projects as I am? Seems like I spend $100 to do a $40 project.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
haven't done a ton of wraps mostly as part of motorcycle paint work, but there seem to be a fine line between conformability and melting as far as the heat goes with the 3M stuff, Kinda just above where your fingers that are trying to roll it can't handle the heat, is just about right lol. Non 3M stuff 10 times harder to pull off in tight spots, I've also seen supposed pro-wrapped cars full of blemishes so thinking this looks damn good for diy.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
haven't done a ton of wraps mostly as part of motorcycle paint work, but there seem to be a fine line between conformability and melting as far as the heat goes with the 3M stuff, Kinda just above where your fingers that are trying to roll it can't handle the heat, is just about right lol. Non 3M stuff 10 times harder to pull off in tight spots, I've also seen supposed pro-wrapped cars full of blemishes so thinking this looks damn good for diy.
Thanks for the compliment. As stated in a previous post, the VViViD film must be 3M because the film is held together with a 3M sticker (with the VViViD name on it) in the packaging. You are absolutely right about the fine line. It's pretty pliable, but only takes a little heat to do so. Too much heat is fatal. This was my first go at it, so I think I can do better. I did get the plain, matte gunmetal film yesterday. I think I'm going to wrap one bezel with it and see which one I like best.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliment. As stated in a previous post, the VViViD film must be 3M because the film is held together with a 3M sticker (with the VViViD name on it) in the packaging. You are absolutely right about the fine line. It's pretty pliable, but only takes a little heat to do so. Too much heat is fatal. This was my first go at it, so I think I can do better. I did get the plain, matte gunmetal film yesterday. I think I'm going to wrap one bezel with it and see which one I like best.
A little success and you want to try everything lol. :waytogo: 3M makes a carbon fiber look wrap kinda neat 3d look to it., maybe next? lol

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
OK. So I did the passenger bezel with the matte gunmetal wrap. It looks more factory original. Anyone want to vote on which one looks best??

And yes, I scratched the wrap between the lock and the lock button. That whole wrap will be done over if that’s the option I choose. :mad:

Last edited:

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
idk? both lol Dig the top one and the bottom looks very oem-ish and a bit better install/practice makes perfect/cleaner job. Super sharp exacto knives/new blades make good friends working with this stuff. Easier than dealing with a utility knife or loose box cutter blades. Dollar store in the crafts section lol

Last edited: