impala ss rearend HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m13hty

Reaction score
ok guys im getting my new rearend tomorrow. its out of a police cruiser. but it looks the same as the impala ss rearend. i think i read somewhere about it being called a "9c1"? idk. whats the difference in the police interceptor rearend vs the impala ss rearend? AND anybody have instructions and or details on the swap? A)how much narrower is the rearend over my stock 98 rearend? and B) what has to be done in order to hook the brakes up? C) THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!
i know the bolt pattern is the same and the driveshaft will bolt right up. so no issues there.. just looking for all the help i can get!

m13hty

Reaction score
im sure it will still be fine tho using an acorn style lugnut especially? and i read somewhere they are 2" narrower. somebody had to of done this swap already and have some details on it

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
maybe that guy (sick94, i think is his nickname) with the Jaguar rear end might be able to help out. he's on FB too..

i can't recall his name... someone will think of it im sure.. the guy with raised fender openings (or were raised)

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Just looked at his thread he had to widen it 3 inches so I dont how much help he could be since his is diff and has a total custom custom chassis