65’ Malibu SS/ Backroad thrasher.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
The frame isn’t bent and the shackle/leaf seem all fine, the car still tracks straight.
That frame most definitely is bent. It extends all the way to the bumper, which is clearly pushed in a considerable amount.

The fact that you say the shackle and leaf seem fine is a bit concerning... considering no Chevelle ever had leaf springs.

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That frame most definitely is bent. It extends all the way to the bumper, which is clearly pushed in a considerable amount.

The fact that you say the shackle and leaf seem fine is a bit concerning... considering no Chevelle ever had leaf springs.
Apologies Doctor,

Meant “coil spring” and “control arm”. Didn’t mean to upset you.

I mean it’s bent up back here. I’m actually looking at it as we speak on the shop lift. It’s straight enough to go down the road in my opinion.

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Slight update:

I put tires on the car and managed to roll it onto the lift. I’ve stared at it for awhile now and have decided to pull the 388sbc out of my C10 and mate it up to a bench repaired TH350 I found, it was full of bees. I did some tricks on it to make it fully manually and shift a little harder so it’s “sporty”, We will see if lasts. For those curious about the 4 speed, just not feasible with the amount of money I’m allotting this little thrasher. Missing the linkages and new ones aren’t cheap.

The 305 will go into my C10 with the smaller stall so that I can actually drive it around without it being in “party” mode all the time haha.

Have decided to get married this year so progress may get slowed on this project and others for the time being!