90’ SS truck paint revival.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Greetings Z71Brother,

I've always been into classic new car/truck brochures. For me, they are the intersection of
2 of my favorite hobbies. Listen, that last photo, with the reflection from the sunset
highlighting the paint, is brochure quality. Nice photo of nice work.

Speaking of which, in another thread I shared a favorite photo of mine (but I didn't take it)
of a very similar truck. Be sure to share this with your neighbor. (big bank 454 SS)

What the heck. See if he wants to join this forum? The more the merrier!

And good on you for helping to save another one. :)

I greatly appreciate the praise, I definitely don’t consider myself a “professional” but learned a lot of it from father a young age. He was always polishing/waxing his Z71 and other toys he had.

It’s funny that you say that, I said the same thing after seeing the photos. Looks like a promo shoot! It reminds me of this ad,
You must be registered for see images attach

I will say this, as it’s my own opinion. I think fully restored nut/bolt resto’s are cool but I much prefer the “patina” or restoring what’s left per-say. Just tells a story and gives it so much more character.

I’m excited to see where we go from here, the neighbor has given total reign with it. Have the keys in my garage! I think that driver side where it seems more “fogged” will come back around. I’m going to try some different 3M brand compounds that I’ve had great success with in the past.

But like you said, this truck went from being pretty sad to a diamond in the rough, can’t help but smile at it.

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
PHOTO DUMP:

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
PHOTO DUMP #2

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I greatly appreciate the praise, I definitely don’t consider myself a “professional” but learned a lot of it from father a young age. He was always polishing/waxing his Z71 and other toys he had.

It’s funny that you say that, I said the same thing after seeing the photos. Looks like a promo shoot! It reminds me of this ad,

I will say this, as it’s my own opinion. I think fully restored nut/bolt resto’s are cool but I much prefer the “patina” or restoring what’s left per-say. Just tells a story and gives it so much more character.

I’m excited to see where we go from here, the neighbor has given total reign with it. Have the keys in my garage! I think that driver side where it seems more “fogged” will come back around. I’m going to try some different 3M brand compounds that I’ve had great success with in the past.

But like you said, this truck went from being pretty sad to a diamond in the rough, can’t help but smile at it.

That's a great ad! A little over the top, but this was back when we could laugh at ourselves.
And besides, anything having to do with a big block tends to have that effect on people. :0)

I lurked for a year or so before joining, so I joined not that long ago. Don't know if you've
seen this, but just to show you that we're on the same page, here's the beauty shot after
I cleaned up my (new to me) old '99 C2500 RCLB big block chore truck. (Indigo Blue Beast)

Like yourself, I consider myself an enthusiast, not a pro by any stretch. But like you said I
like to clean them up, but at the same time don't hide their work history. Like a favorite
old pair of work boots, every mark has a story behind it.

Nice to meet you! I'm off to check out the photos...

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
"Weak men tremble. Ford dealers faint."
Ahhh, I love it!!!
Taking care of business... it's a Chevrolet job.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231007-182832.png
    Screenshot_20231007-182832.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 14

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a great ad! A little over the top, but this was back when we could laugh at ourselves.
And besides, anything having to do with a big block tends to have that effect on people. :0)

I lurked for a year or so before joining, so I joined not that long ago. Don't know if you've
seen this, but just to show you that we're on the same page, here's the beauty shot after
I cleaned up my (new to me) old '99 C2500 RCLB big block chore truck. (Indigo Blue Beast)

Like yourself, I consider myself an enthusiast, not a pro by any stretch. But like you said I
like to clean them up, but at the same time don't hide their work history. Like a favorite
old pair of work boots, every mark has a story behind it.

Nice to meet you! I'm off to check out the photos...
Nice to meet you as well! If you dig around in some of my posted content I’ve been in the works of trying to start a GMT400 truck meet/show… we will see if it’s get off the ground! Should try and make a trip south if we do! I’m sure you and truck would enjoy the sunshine!

I did some light reading on your Indigo Blue, you seem to have the same OCD tendencies as me. Very methodical and by the book repairman, I can respect that. I grew up with these trucks as my dad had almost every year of these trucks whether it was brand new from the dealer or used. He also had the Typhoon but never a Syclone or SS sadly. But the point being, to me these are just very well built and easy to maintain trucks. Superior to anything on the road today in my opinion.

I really like the color of your truck by the way with the matching spark plug wires!