Any other 16 17 18 year old members out there.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
I do not know why any would want to lift a 2wd they do not look bad but I do not see the point to each their own you could say the same thing about me why do I want to build a mini monster truck you do not see the point
Yea. I see both sides. Yes if you are in a area where you don't see mud or snow but you like see looks of a lifted tuck. I also understand it's dumb to have a lifted 2wd truck because every man with a lifted toy is gonna swamp it. 2wd won't be good. Like I said I see both. But I'm on the side of why would you.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea. I see both sides. Yes if you are in a area where you don't see mud or snow but you like see looks of a lifted tuck. I also understand it's dumb to have a lifted 2wd truck because every man with a lifted toy is gonna swamp it. 2wd won't be good. Like I said I see both. But I'm on the side of why would you.
Keeping in mind there are many reasons a person may only need 2WD but due to the condition of roads etc they benefit from the extra wheel travel/ ground clearance/ larger tire diameter.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 2wd that I want to lift just because I like the look, but that’s just me. 4wd would be nice, but I am perfectly happy with my c1500. (I’m too in love with my first truck to trade it for a k1500) The mpg is better and there are less parts that can break or that you need to maintain. I don’t do a whole lot of off-roading so a 4wd for my just isn’t totally necessary. but I’ve heard that the 2wd trucks with limited slip diffs are actually pretty good off-road.

Last edited:

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 2wd that I want to lift just because I like the look, but that’s just me. 4wd would be nice, but I am perfectly happy with my c1500. (I’m too in love with my first truck to trade it for a k1500) The mpg is better and there are less parts that can break or that you need to maintain. I don’t do a whole lot of off-roading so a 4wd for my just isn’t totally necessary. but I’ve heard that the 2wd trucks with limited slip diffs are actually pretty good off-road.

Yeah honestly a winch, a locker and skilled driving will get you pretty far, 2wd or 4wd (actually 3wd since these trucks are all open front)

But I think this is the real reason. People want to lift their 2wd because it's what they already have, and it works just fine for them already.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I often think about getting a second 400 to build as a street truck, that way I have both ends of the truck spectrum. If I did it would be a black RCSB with a red early style interior. Like a 454SS but with a 350 and a third of the price.

Reading around I saw this article that reminded me of this thread. But within the article there
was one of the very best photos I've ever seen composed with the truck you described:

Dressed in black. Great presence.
You must be registered for see images attach

(credit: Hagerty article on rising value of 454SS trucks due to a "Youth Movement". (LINK)

NOTE: The article is from 2019 but it has some nice shots, including the red 454SS in the attached photo.

As for the red interior, in an old barn find web page there was a 454SS for sale
with only 140 miles on the odo. Check out the red interior in this truck:

You must be registered for see images attach

(credit: Old Barn Find auction description. (LINK)

Fun stuff. Hope you get to scratch that 2nd (street) truck itch!

Attachments

• 454 SS in red 1993 nice stance.jpg
    454 SS in red 1993 nice stance.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 5