1994 K1500 Suburban is now 30 years old.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVJJJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here in Washington, once your vehicle turns 30, you can register it as an antique. I save all of my old plates so I had a couple from 1994 off of our old '90 Corsica. So, on Jan 2nd, went down to the courthouse and registered it as an antique. It cost about $50 to do that and I don't have to ever pay to register each year. You can also buy a specific antique car plate, but didn't want to do that.

Also found out that my monthly insurance payment will drop by about $50, with the same coverage.

I know you are not supposed to drive it as a DD, but have been driving my 65 Chevy Van since I licenced it in 1990 as an antique (it was 25 years old back then for antiqueism) Also had a pair of 1965 plates from my first car. Never got pulled over for it (still have it and still driving it). Now that the LEO's aren't arresting people for expired plates or minor violations, not going to worry about it.