I need helppppp!! L29 454 vortec distributor installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnxyTheK3500

Reaction score
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
So I had my cousin bring over his snap-on, cause I kept thinking my distributor was off.. after putting new spark plug wires, and spark plugs and oxygen sensor for cheap
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
insurance measures. Truck still did the same thing....so on to the distributor Dialing in right???!!!. Cousin puts his scanner on and checked for soft codes (no check engine light mind you). And sure enough they were 2 ...soft codes I wanna call them. For ***** and gigs I wanted to check cam retard. Get to the pid while he was looking at the scanner I was going back and forth with the distributor and the scanner wasn't reading any changes to retard/advance on the distributor.....bad distributor maybe? Took a picture of the soft codes and did some research....sure enough it was a bad crankshaft position sensor....that I replaced new!. Grabbed another one NTK CSS and I'm golden....hopes this help anyone too!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Avoid confusion, the right side is always the passenger side, the left side of vehicle always the drivers side. So however you looking at it if say " on the right..." Everybody knows what side your referring too.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Avoid confusion, the right side is always the passenger side, the left side of vehicle always the drivers side. So however you looking at it if say " on the right..." Everybody knows what side your referring too.
Unless you're on a forum that has international viewers. Those poor folks driving on the wrong side of the road in England, Australia, etc. have a different view of "driver's side" and "Passenger side" of the vehicle.

Better to say that "right side" and "left side" are referenced when sitting in the driver's seat...whichever side of the car that is.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, as your sitting the vehicle looking forward.
And yes working at UAL the lead said change both tires on the right, to new young guy. Come back out , both left tires changed! Yeah we got a winner!
His tool box had little reminders all over it. No mercy.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little update
Truck runs really good, put about 200 miles on it so far!!!

Hello OnxyTheK3500,

I know that this is after the fact, but I just stumbled across it while doing
research. I really appreciate the fact that you got live data involved, uncovered
a couple of 'soft' errors that didn't set the light, and these led you to the
fix.

Coming back and sharing what fixed a tough problem is excellent. Including
coming back after a couple hundred miles & letting us know the vehicle *stayed* fixed.

By doing all of the above this thread really has long term value for other
GMT400 owners trying to sort out a similar failure.

Good job demonstrating how closing the loop helps everyone. It's appreciated. :waytogo: