i need a drivehsaft measurement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I know the wheelbase is shorter on a 2 door, i believe 5 inches, but i would not trust that enough to just guess that its 5 inches shorter than a truck shaft.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
yea i know my door is shorter than my stepside. only reason i was wondering is because a thirdgen fbody shaft is 35 inches i beleive with the same size u joints so for the guys who have lifted trucks and there slip yolks pulled out it could be an option of course id say go full custom or have a stock one checked out but sometimes people dont listen. and if thirdgen ones fit 4th gen ones should as well, and theres the option of having aluminum ones.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1989 GMC regular cab short bed truck
Center of yoke to center of yoke on rear driveshaft 56 inches.

Not sure if some years are different

AirmanSkee

'MURICA... NUFF SAID
Reaction score
^^^ Is that for a 2wd truck? I just got my driveshaft made for my 97 K1500 and had to get it cut down to 39.5". I dont think the pinion on a D70 is 16.5" longer than a 10 bolt lol

Also, I think he wanted center of the UJoint caps.

Tyler, If ya give me til tomorrow, I can measure my stock Z71 shaft. I put the 1 ton D70 shaft in mine today and the stocker is laying in the bed.

Last edited:

woody44

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice write up. I'll be ordering my cooler soon.

*edit* I somehow posted on the wrong thread

Last edited: