Need measurements or info on NV4500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AyWoSch Motors

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need a lenght measurement on a NV4500 from the bell housing to where it mounts to the transfer case.
Or if anyone would already know the answer to my question: is the Nv4500 the same lenght as a 4L60E? I'm looking into a swap and was curious if it was direct swap over, or if it would get significantly shorter.

And let's say I have access to just the right parts truck, and I could get a trans, transfer case adapter, bell housing, steering column, linkage, clutch pedal, ect, what else would I potentially need? Would the computer be able to handle the change?

I ask these questions together because the parts truck I have in mind has everything I potentially would need for a manual swap into my burb, except the driveshaft.
(If the 2 trans are the same lenght than the lack of a driveshaft isnt an issue)
And if I do end up needing a driveshaft specific to a manual trans, would it be cheaper to just buy a single cab long bed K1500 driveshaft (if it fits a suburban...), or just get my driveshaft custom modified to fit.

Thank you.