I just don't know....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Now I could be wrong but wouldnt a 1990 have a 700r4? And that guy spent way to much money at autozone on that truck

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Can you imagine going to buy this truck in the pre-internet days, no pics, just a description in a classified. All the way to wherever just to turn around because of the "custom" mirrors and brush guard...........among other things.

"Before the web" forever ago, I drove like 6 hours to go look at a 64-66 panel truck that the guy described as "very straight and original" just that it was missing the engine/trans. Perfect project for me, I thought. I threw a tow dolly behind my '65 and my g/f went along for the ride. We got there to find this POS with the front clip laying on it with no bolts holding it on at all (it was off another truck, no big deal, but kinda need it to not fall off), custom van style "bubble" windows cut into the side panels, and huge dents all over including ON THE ROOF where some numbnutz kids had probably been jumping on it. That was just the first glance at this junk pile.

When the guy finally came out and asked what I thought about it, I told him I had given away **** that looked better than that. He said shucks, it's not that bad, what'll you offer me for it? I had to consider that if I punched him in the jaw like he deserved, there was only one road I could take back home, and the cops were bound to find me on it... Anyway you better believe I left without that crap. Not at any price.

Richard

I never even thought about that haha i dont evn look at ads without pictures

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Now I could be wrong but wouldnt a 1990 have a 700r4? And that guy spent way to much money at autozone on that truck
700R4 = 4L60. No "E". GM just changed the naming convention from the old style, TH400, TH700R4, etc. to 3L80, 4L60, blah blah.

I never even thought about that haha i dont evn look at ads without pictures

These were the days before fancy picture ads, homie. A few words in a paper, and a phone #. :gr_grin:

Richard