I just don't know....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Door pins are shot, along with the rear cab mounts. Rusty 1/4's. 10w40? Helps with the blow-by!
Tires are worth more than the rest of the truck!
$3000.00?
I'd offer $500.00! And I wouldn't budge from that!

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
It would make a decent toy. But he's way overprice for a beater truck with no tranny, regardless of how big the tires are. And that grill guard makes my stomach churn.......

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Door pins are shot, along with the rear cab mounts. Rusty 1/4's. 10w40? Helps with the blow-by!
Tires are worth more than the rest of the truck!
$3000.00?
I'd offer $500.00! And I wouldn't budge from that!

That's what I was thinking, but he said there's "Only 70,000 on the motor", so this guy is a mechanical idiot. A motor that new doesn't need thicker viscosity oil, that just makes it take more time/effort for the pump to get it to where it needs to be, especially on startup.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Ok, that is just wrong on so many levels! And those rear rear blocks?? No way he took them into the mud, they don't even look like they are tight.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
With the quality of work that went into installing lift blocks, you can rest assured anything else he touched on that turdmobile is a disaster.

Richard

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you imagine going to buy this truck in the pre-internet days, no pics, just a description in a classified. All the way to wherever just to turn around because of the "custom" mirrors and brush guard...........among other things.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Can you imagine going to buy this truck in the pre-internet days, no pics, just a description in a classified. All the way to wherever just to turn around because of the "custom" mirrors and brush guard...........among other things.

We have a publication around here like that called "The Papershop". This guy is an hour away from me. I would probably want to beat him if I were to go look at it from just a descriptive ad.

Sent from Robl@nd

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
"Before the web" forever ago, I drove like 6 hours to go look at a 64-66 panel truck that the guy described as "very straight and original" just that it was missing the engine/trans. Perfect project for me, I thought. I threw a tow dolly behind my '65 and my g/f went along for the ride. We got there to find this POS with the front clip laying on it with no bolts holding it on at all (it was off another truck, no big deal, but kinda need it to not fall off), custom van style "bubble" windows cut into the side panels, and huge dents all over including ON THE ROOF where some numbnutz kids had probably been jumping on it. That was just the first glance at this junk pile.

When the guy finally came out and asked what I thought about it, I told him I had given away **** that looked better than that. He said shucks, it's not that bad, what'll you offer me for it? I had to consider that if I punched him in the jaw like he deserved, there was only one road I could take back home, and the cops were bound to find me on it... Anyway you better believe I left without that crap. Not at any price.

Richard