I got a 1997 k1500 thinking of putting a 5.3 ls in?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dakota Hill

Reaction score
Im koty im new to the page and i got a 5.7 350 thats just plain wore out ive been thinking of finding a donor 5.3 ls to put in the truck figured the 5.3 would make more power and run alot better what all does it take to complete the swap and how much headache is it to complete? Any help or suggestions where I should look is greatly appreciated

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s exactly what I would do. It’s a lot of tedious things you have to work out but the 5.3 motors run great. If your savy enough try and find a complete donor truck this way you can get everything and anything you need off it for the swap then part the rest for what you paid for it and get yourself a free motor. That’s how I got my 5.3 setup I plan on swapping into my 97 good luck hope to see you go for the swap you will be happy with the outcome as long as you get a good running motor to begin with

Dakota Hill

Reaction score
That’s exactly what I would do. It’s a lot of tedious things you have to work out but the 5.3 motors run great. If your savy enough try and find a complete donor truck this way you can get everything and anything you need off it for the swap then part the rest for what you paid for it and get yourself a free motor. That’s how I got my 5.3 setup I plan on swapping into my 97 good luck hope to see you go for the swap you will be happy with the outcome as long as you get a good running motor to begin with
Well I built a 5.7 instead now have a gutless truck with no answers as to why sounds strong ‍♂️♂️