i dont know where to begin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redneckrichie

Reaction score
i have a 96 k1500 z71 5.7L. i bought it for 500 with 153xxx on it. i thought it only needed a fuel pump. dumbest thing i ever thought. now here is a list of things i have already put in it.

starter.
all the brake lines.
fuel pump.
wheel cylinders.
both rear parking brakes.
new calipers.

when i got the fuel pump i thought i was free to drive it till i relized it had no brake pedal and the brakes locked up. i still have to put sway bar bushings and all ball joints in and most likely a new idler arm. i have doubled my investment in this truck and i rly hope its worth it does anyone know what this truck is going to be worth after im done since kelly blue book rly doesnt help me at the moment. the truck just has rust on the passanger door and fender but i am replacing both. so the question is what is it worth?

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Once everything is fixed up, I'd say its worth maybe $2k because I'm assuming that if you're replacing all this stuff that the body and interior aren't in great shape either

RamahX

Reaction score
If its never been wrecked and a good solid straight body, plus the engine drivetrain are good it's a good investment nowadays.

I paid $3700 for my '94 Z-71 back in 2010. Since then I've replaced the tires (Michelin MS2's), A/C compressor and condenser, radiator, brakes all around, and now the rear diff. But engine and transmission are tight and body is in excellent condition.

Conventional wisdom says I lost out. But in today's economy I have a great truck and I intend on keeping it for a long time.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you got a good deal to me.. its a $500 truck... did you expect it to be perfect? Sounds like you got a solid builder.. you know what you have, stick with it.

redneckrichie

Reaction score
Yea I also replaced the distributor and wires but its throwing a camshaft code any ideas?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you replaced dist. You have to take it in and get the truck "timed" Cam offset has to be set to +/- 2* of 0*

redneckrichie

Reaction score
Well my stock distributor is none adjustable so I think it might be a plug or a wire isn't hooked up right but I'm not exactly sure if that would throw a code for the camshaft

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to take it to the dealer and get a crank relearn done. I had to do the same and they o.ly charged 50 bucks

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk