I dont know what i did

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Montana_k3500

Reaction score
did you pop the rad cap to see if you had pressure after cranking? it doesn't take as much as you might think. with that poping sound, i'd expect that you popped a gasket or somehow majorly changed your ignition timing

TomCoppola

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I havent checked that yet, if i have no pressure what does that mean?

Sent from my Vortec powered iPhone

Montana_k3500

Reaction score
you want no pressure. if there is pressure, it is compression escaping into your coolant passages. also, check the plugs for signs of coolant.

TomCoppola

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, the plugs have no sign of coolant, they did have a hint of fuel so we replaced them

Montana_k3500

Reaction score
well, keep the old ones, you can clean and reuse them. no pressure in the coolant system then? do you have a timing light? you could try that and see where your timing is. also, you did make sure cap/rotor/both ends of the wires were all dry? is your air box/cleaner and such clear?

TomCoppola

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well im not home right now, but I made sure there was no more water in the cap/rotor and the box/cleaner. and I haven't checked the coolant pressure yet. and ill check the timing when I check the coolant

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
What I saw int he video was it barfing back through the intake.

That's a timing issue.

If you did nothing but spray the engine with water and it started doing this, you have water in an electrical component where it should not be.

Grab a can of electrical cleaner/dryer and start cleaning things.

Pull the dist cap and dry inside the dist. Pull the PCM connectors and start spraying. Pull any other connectors that you can find and start spraying.

It's water if your description is accurate. You have to find it and get rid of it.

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
x2. Timing is the first thing I thought of.

I had to dry the plugs to my PCM a few times on my old truck before it would start. The first time it happened it sat for over a day before I pulled them off - they still had water in them.

TomCoppola

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pcm is the unit on the drivers side wheel well in the engine bay?

Sent from my Vortec powered iPhone