i cant seem to find anything about this!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Think the few 3500 models that came with the 350 had the same as 2500s except lower gears prolly?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Either way, the 1500s prolly had the higher hp engines....I know the difference in hp numbers was one had 190hp and other had 210hp.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Something I forgot to mention, if you're looking for longevity, you should either switch to earlier large-stemmed valves, or have your vortec valves cut to have a 2nd ring below the retainer slot. This way you can use the O-ring & splash shield from the earlier sbc heads, they're better for keeping your valves oiled than the vortec's "emissions standard" valve seal. Plus if you ever decide to go to a high-lift cam, and 1.6 rockers, you aren't stopped at .470" valve lift, instead you get the classic .500" lift.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got 454 tb, its off a 94
three things are different
where the throttle hooks up, it has something extra on it, almost looks like an egr, it has a vaccum line comeing out
in the back of mine between the fuel lines theres a hole for vaccum or breather, none of 454 tb
and on the passenger side, the thing that plugs in the back, mine has 4 prongs, the 454 has 2 and faces back
can maybe get pics up, forget how to post thought

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you look at the white spaces above post box it is 4th from the right. just hover and it will say insert image

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
got 454 tb, its off a 94
three things are different
where the throttle hooks up, it has something extra on it, almost looks like an egr, it has a vaccum line comeing out
in the back of mine between the fuel lines theres a hole for vaccum or breather, none of 454 tb
and on the passenger side, the thing that plugs in the back, mine has 4 prongs, the 454 has 2 and faces back
can maybe get pics up, forget how to post thought

It sounds like your 454tbi was not setup for pcv is all.....It's mostly optional for gasoline engines....although in theory it does help keep gas fumes from degrading your oil....in theory that is. :p

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like your 454tbi was not setup for pcv is all.....It's mostly optional for gasoline engines....although in theory it does help keep gas fumes from degrading your oil....in theory that is. :p

I know on 350tbis that vacuume port on the back is for the MAP sensor.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh snap you're right, I had my front and back ports confuzzled lol. Back port is map, front is pcv. Back will go to that map sensor mounted on bottom of air cleaner base.....I can see a code getting thrown if he doesn't tune that sensor out or remote hookup the sensor somewhere else. If he deleted his pcv, he could hook it to the front.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
acctualy there is a hole in the back, the 454 just has the hole drilled in a ways then it dead ends
and on the left side in back, its seems to be the same thing as on mine, but different plug end, and the 350 its screws in the 454 has 2 torx strews hold it in, the 350 seems too small
You must be registered for see images attach