i cant seem to find anything about this!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
And you don't have to re-tune. You would if you change the TBI but just swapping over won't require a new tune.

He could MAYBE get by(or get lucky) with the 454tbi running the 350 injector pod, without having to re-tune. Whatcha think?

Reaction score
no sir mobs im not sure which one i have infact i thought all 350 tbi's were all the same....what 2 kinds are there and how could i find out?

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
He could MAYBE get by(or get lucky) with the 454tbi running the 350 injector pod, without having to re-tune. Whatcha think?

Shouldn't be any issue there. Only thing I can think of that might cause a problem is the larger body pulls in more air but the 350 injectors don't push more fuel. MIGHT cause a lean condition but I'd have to try it to know for certain.

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
found someone in my area with a 454 throttle body, gonna check it out
what about fuel pump issues?

copernicusd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can do that on the throttle body?
one i found is $40, does rebuilding them involve just getting a rebuild kit, or changing injectors and stuff too?

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
one i found is $40, does rebuilding them involve just getting a rebuild kit, or changing injectors and stuff too?

You can adjust the FPR to bump it up a little. I don't know exactly how much would be needed using a 350 computer on 350 injectors in a 454 TB. If you dump as much as the 454 injectors you will run rich. Rebuilding them is simple, a $5 set of bits and about half an hour is all you need.

I've installed some supercharger kits that actually add an injector in the intake somewhere. They are only activated when needed and are ran by a simple stand alone circuit. Doubt it would be your best option, but might as well throw it out there.

Joesgarage

Wrench
Reaction score
Rebuild kit is about $50 Hopefully the TB you buy doesn't need throttle shaft bushings.
An adjustable FPR is about $45.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Quarter under the spring trick raises fpr max how many points? Johnny, I dont remember offhand the difference in the vins, I'm thinking K code and S code, but I dont remember which is which offhand. One made higher hp and other made higher torque. I'm sure it was just a different cam and tune setup most likely.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Quarter under the spring trick raises fpr max how many points? Johnny, I dont remember offhand the difference in the vins, I'm thinking K code and S code, but I dont remember which is which offhand. One made higher hp and other made higher torque. I'm sure it was just a different cam and tune setup most likely.

I think the difference is between 1500 and 2500. I think all the 1500s got the same cams and tune. Could be wrong. I'm sure someone here definitively knows.