Hunter's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I finally got my 4.11's installed. I looked at the receipt for the gears and i bought them 1/28/13 lol so exactly a year later i get them installed, lol. it was a very nice quite drive home, it does have a very slight whine on decelerating around 45-50 but most people probably wouldn't even notice, and you cant hear it with the radio on so I'm happy! $418.36 for the ring and pinion and master install kit and $663.27 for installation, axle seals, fluid and additive. I really haven't got on it, and probably wont for a while, until the gears break-in, but at 65mph it runs about 1900rpm's. Im happy with that because i do a lot of stop and go and low speed driving. not much interstate. My speedo in 2mph fast and it use to be 3mph slow. They did tell me my driveshaft was out of balance, may need to get that checked out. I don't really feel the vibration though.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
New list of things to do...

- Install new Delphi Spider Injector set.
- New Plugs, Wires, Cap and Rotor
- 22" SI/SO Magniflow Muffler, Magniflow High-Flow Catalytic Converter, JBA Shorty headers and 3.5" Chrome tip

Ive also been thinking of getting a camper shell... a guy on CL is selling a Leer (picture in Photochop below) for $450 painted whatever color i want. I need opinions...

You must be registered for see images attach

TwoPedal98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the 2nd truck in 2 days I seen with those wheels, makes me want to spend the cash to get some!, awesome truck, love white , always looks good

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Aren't they the stock rims from a newer (11ish) year truck? I like them better than most aftermarket rims.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Yes to the camper...

That's what I'm thinking, just don't want to spend that much. I'll wait till I find the right deal.

That's the 2nd truck in 2 days I seen with those wheels, makes me want to spend the cash to get some!, awesome truck, love white , always looks good

Thanks, I bought these a few years ago for $300. Just saw a set on CL the other day for $150.

Aren't they the stock rims from a newer (11ish) year truck? I like them better than most aftermarket rims.

Yep, from a 2010

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Hey Hunter, i am going to swapping my truck to 6 lug soon here, wondering what rotor's you got exactly?

as for the camper shell, i myself dont like them, cause big blind spots, i get tired of them fast! but they are nice in some ways!

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
I just went to advanced auto and told then I needed rotors for a 97 c2500 with 7200 lb GVW and made sure they where 6 lug.