Hughes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Dirte

I'm an idiot!
Reaction score
Anyone used one? Pros/cons? Truck is tuned thru pcm for less, no rear o2s, 865(?) Cam (my electric meatball is drawin a blank), headers, injectors, no emissions, 3.73s. Stock low mile 4L60e.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone used one? Pros/cons? Truck is tuned thru pcm for less, no rear o2s, 865(?) Cam (my electric meatball is drawin a blank), headers, injectors, no emissions, 3.73s. Stock low mile 4L60e.

I have a few customers with Hughes converters installed in their 4L60Es and 80s; no complaints from them...there's also Circle D, Yank, RevMax and several other performance converter manufacturers to choose from. If you're unsure about converter stall speed range, contact your cam manufacturer and they will give you the range based on vehicle, final drive ratio, engine set up (specifically, cam grind) and intended usage pattern.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For that kind od money(I'll admit it's been awhile) I would call a converter co. and have one built. Usually comes with one free re-stall if it isn't to your liking. Dynamic, FTI, there are a few others. I deal with Turbo-Action Converters for my Mopars but not sure if they do GM O/D transmissions.

It's one of those things you're better off calling the company and getting what you want instead of settling for a catalog listing. There is much more to be lost or gained from a converter than most realize. They also function as a torque multiplier. Most of these guys can build a tight 10". Ie: it will idle around like a stocker and flash to 3K+ and launch when you nail to go pedal or anything you desire in between.

If i was looking for stockish , nothing special. maybe do a S-10 converter, think they stall about 1900-2K behind a stockish 350.

Last edited: