How to remove plastic below front fender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatSLO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this question has been posted before.

I have to address rust on the front part of the front fender (see attached picture).
Is there a simple way to remove the plastic part below (the part I'm holding with my fingers in the picture)?
I saw a bolt below (looking at the plastic part from the wheel well) but I suspect there might be some other bolts holding this part...
Any ideas?

Attachments

• tahoe front fender rust.jpg
    tahoe front fender rust.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 21

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are three bolts that hold it in place. They're a little difficult to get a wrench on, but I don't recall needing to do anything crazy to replace it. Both Way Cool Jr and Roscoe were missing that piece when I got them.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll have to reach way up from the bottom and weasel between the inner fender and bumper. I don't recall if they're easier to access with the grille removed.

You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me know if removing the grille makes it easier; I still need to install that piece on Roscoe.

GMCTruck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just replaced my fender 2 weeks ago. I think those little bolts are 1/4". I used some extensions on a 1/4" drive to get one. I think that i pulled back the inner wheel well a little to get at the other, since those bolts were already removed anyway to remove the fender. Shoot some penetrating oil on them first if you can. Not a bad job once the wheel is removed. I took the grill off but i don't think that helped get at those screws. With the grill off, you can remove the front fender bolts without pulling the battery tray. You just have to remove the one side tray bolt to the fender.