How To: Ditch EFI and keep TBI PCM for 4L60E Control.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markv

Reaction score
Hang in there gimmel1, I am working on pics right now, the wife has to do it, I don't know how. I want to post good shots I have an extra carb, so I am using it as a prop. I will give you bolt size and thread counts, it will make it easy for you and everyone else.
Like I said 2 bucks worth of bolts, and a few nuts, and your ready to go! With more adjustably.
MarkV

fun4me

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have come up with an idea to use a TP sensor on a non choke carb without paying Holly $60.

I removed the screw from the throttle shaft
You must be registered for see images attach

Then I bought some thumb screws & ground the end flat.

I installed the thumb screw in the throttle shaft

Then I took a piece of sheet metal & cut it to fit the carb base gasket. I left the "tab" so I could mount the TPS

I cut a hole where the TPS will be mounted.

Then I bent the tab & drilled two holes to mount the TPS. Then I mounted the plate under the carb using two gaskets.

I had to bend the fuel line to clear the TPS "bracket".

fun4me

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Transmisson shifts but the torque converter will not lock up. Any ideas?

fun4me

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas why the converter will not lock up?

Markv

Reaction score
I have read that the coolant temp sensor , and the brake light switch will keep the converter from locking.
PS I like the way you set up the tps.

fun4me

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Coolant temp sensor is working, checked with a DVOM. Brake lights only work when pedel is depressed.

fun4me

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The transmisson is shifting early but that is because I changed the gears. It was shifting early before I changed to a carb. But the TC was locking up. I'm gonna do this mod http://www.tbichips.com/DRAC/ to change my speedometer & my shift points. Maybe it will lock up then.

siggy_freud

Reaction score
How is this transmission workaround working out for everyone? I see the OP is now using a TH-350. Any particular reason?

I'm going to be doing an LS1/4L60E swap into an old Camaro. If I can wire up a TBI computer to work it, I'll do the tranny first and delay the Engine for 6 months, but wouldn't want to do so at the cost of burning out the transmission.

Alternately, I might just live on the TH-350 if going to overdrive before the LS1 swap means I'd have to drop 800 on a standalone controller.