How To: Ditch EFI and keep TBI PCM for 4L60E Control.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markv

Reaction score
I am in Ocean City Maryland on vacation, I will post some pics of my Edelbrock TPS set up when I get home, it's about the same as the link they posted, that's where I got the idea of doing mine, maybe 2 bucks worth of nuts, and screw. I will post thread count when I get home.
Mark.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yes, Pink wire.

Oh that was a much shorter and easier answer than mine....I'm a complex person, I know this. :D

Good thing I'm subbed, FO really knows how to bring simplicity into this world, whereas before we were limited to certain engine sizes due to stock tbi flows, injector sizes, etc etc etc. Now the fuel system issue(air & fuel flow rate) is pretty much gone, which was the major bottleneck when choosing to go oversize. Also, a carb(when tuned correctly) won't get just horrible gas mileage, all depends on your foot, but your foot also plays a role in tbi, so that reason is null.

In short, thanks a bunch buddy, this was extremely helpful, and I believe it should become a sticky!

gimmel1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks markv I appreciate that dude also is there any way to tune out the stuff that I don't need like the knock and idle air control and the o2 sensors?

gimmel1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
And there's no driveability problems , also do I leave those sensors hooked up or
does it matter

Last edited: