How To: Ditch EFI and keep TBI PCM for 4L60E Control.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i been trying to do this for sometime now and been hearing different things. i have a 96 vortec i rebuilt to a 385 stroker. i would love to do a carb swap. will this work for 96+?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Also where do you get power for the distributor?

Find a circuit that goes hot with JUST the 'Start' and 'Run' locations of ignition switch, don't need it going hot on 'Accessories'. Tap into that so it will power a relay, then wire from a constant hot(A & B accessory shafts if ya have them in underhood relay block; or just from battery) thru the triggered on/off side of relay and send wire on over to 'Power' plug-in on HEI distributor. I would use atleast 10-gauge wire for the secondary circuit in the relay(circuit that powers distributor) so you're certain you get plenty of power at all times to dist. If you happen to have an underhood hookup for accessories that's only hot in start and run positions and it seems like it would be powerful enough to run the coil, then that will pretty much delete having to use a relay. Make sure you get a decent relay also, or keep spares. Relays DO go out, though it's rare.