How Much Can YOU Haul IN 1/2 Ton???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
In my 93' ext. cab I load up with a overhead camper and my fishing boat behind it. Camper alone about 800# When loaded with firewood and all my sh** closer to 1,100
Boat 800#s Thats the max for me. The last trip had the springs about 1" off the stops, so I upgraded to a 3/4 ton HD leaf pack I wanted to still have a little more travel in the rear next time. :rockit::

Did the hd leaf pack lift the rear any? If so, did you do anything to the front suspension?

TUCSONDUDE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
had suspension beyond maxed out. brakes sucked, got some vibrations. So if you are curious how low the rear on a 4x4 will go here is your answer. No idea how much weight that is, any ideas?

woo hoo first real post.

You must be registered for see images attach

lol i think my paint job is dropping property values in my neighborhood.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Is that a rail car axle??????

Sure is, from a 30 or so year old derailment. The Columbus McKinnon 2 and 1/2 ton hoist was over it's limit just lifting that.... at 240 lbs, as hard as I could pull on the chain to raise that axle. I think the center section is 10 inch solid shaft... and the wheels aren't light either!

Of course, we had to top that up with some bent rail sections.... 110 lbs per 3 feet.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
The heaviest thing I ever hauled was 3 crates and a plastic bucket of driftwood to help my grandma (the one that sold me the truck) set up her room for VBS at her church. Maybe ~100 pounds. I didn't notice any drop in the rear and it stopped just fine haha

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
had suspension beyond maxed out. brakes sucked, got some vibrations. So if you are curious how low the rear on a 4x4 will go here is your answer. No idea how much weight that is, any ideas?

woo hoo first real post.

lol i think my paint job is dropping property values in my neighborhood.

Damn man you really got it squatting! Those are certainly some classic wheels

93 K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes it lifted the rear 2", I didnt mess with the front because now when it is loaded it sits perfectly level.