How Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98sub

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here and fresh to the lowering trucks the right way. Anyways I just purchase a 98 GMC Suburban and want to bring it closer to the ground . 1st question is how low can I go without doing a c notch? Nobody around here will do it anyways. Also what kit is recommend to do this? I've been looking and so many options and unsure what to use.

D Barnes

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Hey man welcome to the forum . Depends how low you want it if you do a flip kit out back I would go ahead and c-notch it while you’re at it or else you’re probably gonna be bottoming out a lot depending on your roads . I’m at 3” in front and 5” in the rear all belltech on mine right now . Plan on going a little lower soon .

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
4" is as low as you can go without a notch.
But...
The SUV's have a different frame shape than the trucks.
On the trucks, a 4" drop requires shackles & hangars.
Because of the frame diff, the 2" lowering hangars used on the trucks will actually raise the SUV's up!
You could go to a set of lowering leaf springs, but ewww! The ride quality will suffer, IMO.

98sub

Reaction score
OK,so if I just do the flip how much of a drop is that? Local shop said only 1.5? Not sure if I believe that .

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How did you get 5” ?

You must be registered for see images attach
Hey man welcome to the forum . Depends how low you want it if you do a flip kit out back I would go ahead and c-notch it while you’re at it or else you’re probably gonna be bottoming out a lot depending on your roads . I’m at 3” in front and 5” in the rear all belltech on mine right now . Plan on going a little lower soon .