How low would you go.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing a 2/4 but idk anymore. I did 2" on the rear. and I feel like it's a good height. I just feel like the front needs to come back down to a slight rake.

I gotta install new rotors so I'm gonna be at the front suspension....should I

a.) cut a spring to get about 1 to 1.5 Inches of drop for 1/2.

b.) do a 2 in drop to make it 2/2 and see how I like that.

c.) cut a spring for 2" and do rear hanger and shock extension for 2/4.

Truck is on daily driver duties right now for the next few months.

Later on in life I'm planning to do a 4/6 when it's no longer being driven much and doing a lsx swap. This was my grandads truck so I'll never sell.

Pic for reference 0/2 right now...just feels like the front needs low
You must be registered for see images attach

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
May as bite the bullet now and do a 4/6...that's where most end up anyway. Still streetable at that drop.

I was thinking that...because eventually I wanna move to 18 or 20s. It will be a 4/6 or 3/5 maybe the money shot for me because I want a tad rake.

I guess since it would be free I could always do the 1" cut coil to have a 1/2 and then be saving and nudging the wife for maybe a nice 3/5 or 4/6 kit later on.

Another thing with the 2/4 from what I've read Its easier to do a axel flip then to get the front hangers off.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally I would try option B. IIRC, going down 4" in the rear is really close to needing a frame notch. You could put spindles on the front for a 2/2 and retain the factory suspension geometry and rake.

If you really want the rear lower too, then yeah I'd say go ahead and 4/6 it and do the notch.

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally I would try option B. IIRC, going down 4" in the rear is really close to needing a frame notch. You could put spindles on the front for a 2/2 and retain the factory suspension geometry and rake.

If you really want the rear lower too, then yeah I'd say go ahead and 4/6 it and do the notch.

I'm still really unsure of the real. But I need to do brakes now...doing a 2" spindle would be simple and easy while i'm doing brakes.

Live with a 2/2 for awhile and then start building a proper 4/6

Last edited:

Archaic2021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So on a 3/5 kit is a C-NOTH absolutely needed.

I think I'm gonna go with the 3/5 first to see if I like it then 4/6 if not low enough...I know with a 6 you gotta c notch