How involved is removing a shift kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMTMark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Believe me when I say you will save yourself money and headaches by doing that. A lot of good builders use different ways to modify shift characteristics.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i generally leave 1-2 shift hole alone or only increase it slightly with a corvette servo (mandatory for ANY build IMO). it's hard to make a hole smaller when someone has over drilled it. always start conservative on hole size. alot of shift kits purposely make the shifts overly aggressive so the customer NOTICES. Remember a quick/firm shift is what you're after not neck snapping especially at low throttle.

OP, take to a shop if you are not comfortable doing the work yourself. I could check the orifice size for 1-2 shift and see what spring arrangement they used in the 2nd accumulator. I like the 2nd accumulator setup from the Transgo Jr kit myself. If holes are to big get a new Transgo separator plate, 700P