How do you remove the rear trim peices on 98 Ext cab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking for some help before I brake anything. I've been trying to take apart my whole interior so to speak. I've removed the A pillar, and some of the trim pieces, but having trouble figuring out some stuff. I'm planning on taking pictures of everything once I have it apart for everyone's future reference because I've had a hard time finding the info. I'm going to need to run a wire for an amp, and a few other things. Also had an idea for a sub that I want to try out(or at least explore). So anyway....here are some specific questions.

How do you remove the rear bench seat in an extended cab?

How do you remove the pillars(with the rear seatbelts in them) and the cross piece that goes across the top.

How do you remove the jack tool box thing? I don't have any tools that can get the 8mm nut that is in the center of that unit. I plan on putting it back, so I don't really want to saw it off.

Thanks in advance. Any pics help.

bwchevyguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just did this in a 93. I think it's the same, although it's a little diffferent if you have the 3rd door.

1) There were two bolts (one on each end). Each bolt ran through a bar that stick out from the trim. Little hard to explain. After that the seat just lifted out.

2) This is not much fun. First I removed the rear arm rests. I started at the door and worked my way back just popping clips off. In the '93, you had to unbolt the front seat belts so the bottom of the panel was free. Work slowly and apply pressure evenly. It's hard not to break.

3) IIRC - just find a small socket that fits the top of that bolt and it screws right out. Other than that there's just another bolt or two.

Hope that helps. don't know if it did. Good luck.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I have most of it figured out. The one piece I cannot figure out is the upper rear plastic piece. Any ideas on how that piece comes out?

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you figure it out let us know, I got some new speakers for the rear that I need to put in and it would be nice to know the steps ahead of time.

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you figure it out let us know, I got some new speakers for the rear that I need to put in and it would be nice to know the steps ahead of time.

I may have just figured it out. I'll let y'all know tomorrow. I'm going to document all of this so it will be easier to find for others.

radical7

admitted truck *****
Reaction score
and be careful taking down the middle upper piece theres 2 tabs that when u pry down ull break them then that piece will sag and not look good

glendayle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright ladies. messed around some more tonight until it started raining. Got the rear upper piece off. It did not come off unscathed however. Fortunately I have a plastic welder and I think I can put this back together without issue later. Here are a couple of pics. As soon as I removed this peice and moved the passenger side pillar, the headliner basically fell right out, so I put it out of the way for now. At this point I'm thinking about grabbing an overhead console. Does anyone know if a passenger riding in the center front seat will hit their head on the center console?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach