How do you fund your truck project?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That feels like a lot of contractors that I have taken bids from... lol
I always preface handy work and mechanic work with "I'm not a professional, but i can make that happen" LOL. When it comes to computers I don't say that, because I have worked in IT for my entire adult life.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice! I am an Infrastructure Analyst myself. Mostly deal with SCCM administration, powershell, wrapping deployments, etc... I wonder how many IT guys we have that are into mechanics on the side?

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a pile of parts from my car and also a large drum/cymbal collection. If I want something for the truck, something else gets sold. Routine maintenance items just come from the ole’ paycheck though.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am starting a new job this Friday at Enterprise as a car washer..lol not much but I moved back in with my parents to save money for a little while. I wish i had the space to buy fix and flip/part out vehicles...that would be some decent side money.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bills first then food, then set aside little by little, all the 1s I get back and most 5s go into my center console, usually save couple hundred like that. Have new job so my weekend wood work or firewood is extra. Also thinkin abt getting small dump trailer and starting a weekend hauling sidejob. Really just gotta be money smart an not blow every paycheck. Oh also always browse craigslist looking under free an wanted to see if I got anything I'm not using that somebody's willing to buy or that I can pick up and make a profit.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I work my ass off and budget bills and savings first, fun stuff later.
I also spend a lot of time finding coupons/discount codes/parts specials, and a lot of time on CL/FB marketplace searching for larger, harder to find parts.

I want to get into buying/selling/parting out trucks and whatnot to make some cash but I don't have room for it; and the state of North Carolina only allows a regular joe to buy, register, and sell 6 vehicles a year without a Dealer's License.