How do I remove this “scuff?” From door window.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A brand new window is less than $80 to your door on Ebay. You could polish on it for days with the proper materials, and you'll still have scratches. Unless you have way more time than money, just get a different window.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
replace the glass & window felt w/ new units, save some money & find a clean used window. buy brand new felts.

the other thing that I kind that causes this, is operating your windows while they dusty or dirty. the crap on the glass get stuck in the felt when you operate them & then acts like a sanding pad later on.

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This came in today. I’ll give it a try hopefully it works. And someone mentioned replacing window. I will no doubt it I can’t get it out. I won’t let a scratchy window ruin my build.

You must be registered for see images attach

Deathpunch0311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This came in today. I’ll give it a try hopefully it works. And someone mentioned replacing window. I will no doubt it I can’t get it out. I won’t let a scratchy window ruin my build.

You must be registered for see images attach

Did that stuff work for you?

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn’t completely remove the cuts. I could definitely see them polishing out but most are too deep for this product. I’m just going to replace window. I did find the issue tho. And hopefully fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can’t believe that hasn’t crossed my mind. It’s a vertical scrape too so it must be from the window motion.
Is the window rubber seal hardened and not pliable any longer ? Hate to see you get it buffed out just to have the same happen again, the rubber scraper seals is not hard to replace.

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the windshield and that window replaced two days ago and last night had truck tinted. Looks much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk