How do I remove this “scuff?” From door window.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do I make this go away?? There is no tint covering it from what I can see and neither an SOS pad or MR KLEEN ERASER would remove it.

You must be registered for see images attach

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
The glass in my truck is the same way; it wouldn't come off no matter what cleaners I used so I figured it was just scratches put in the glass.

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a scuff from rubbing against something hard for a long time. Maybe something like this would help.

https://www.amazon.com/GP28003-Glas...ocphy=9009737&hvtargid=pla-391797164520&psc=1

Ordered. Thanks but was hoping someone knew an ancient Chinese windex recipe or something. Lol I’ve been clawing at that thing for the last 5 or so days I’ve owned the truck. Can’t remove it. I was close to just swapping windows with another 400 I have.

It was parked in a senior citizens driveway so I can not imagine what could have caused it. He wasn’t even large enough to touch anything in that cab but the seat he was on.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ordered. Thanks but was hoping someone knew an ancient Chinese windex recipe or something. Lol I’ve been clawing at that thing for the last 5 or so days I’ve owned the truck. Can’t remove it. I was close to just swapping windows with another 400 I have.

It was parked in a senior citizens driveway so I can not imagine what could have caused it. He wasn’t even large enough to touch anything in that cab but the seat he was on.

If you have any luck please bookmark and return to the thread and report how it came out. My guess is that something is scraping the window as it raises and lowers. It might continue to happen unless you get into the door and figure out what it is.

StevensWMR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have any luck please bookmark and return to the thread and report how it came out. My guess is that something is scraping the window as it raises and lowers. It might continue to happen unless you get into the door and figure out what it is.

I can’t believe that hasn’t crossed my mind. It’s a vertical scrape too so it must be from the window motion.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the same scrapes in my windows and after asking around on different Facebook pages I figured it out. Its the felt window gasket that slides on the window, there is metal staples in that felt that rust and will slowly scratch that window every time it goes up and down. The staples start rusting when that first rubber window gasket is no longer tight on the window and the felt wears down. (The staples I am talking about are like whats in weather stripping that would be coated in rubber like above the door
and are crimped on that pinch weld) I hope this helps, pretty much the only option I found is to buy new windows or a junk yard find of ones that aren't scratched and doing new seals.

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1 pound of Cerium oxide, felt rotary pad, a little water and a lot of patients. All found on eBay (Not Wool) and is what any glass company would do.

Mix powder to peanut butter consistency, rub onto glass with felt pad by hand to break it in and move mixture around, start polishing with drill, keep moving, clean a repeat and other 14 times until you can live with it.

Caution, do it in the shade but take breaks as the glass will heat up. fine tiny scratches will be gone, but deep stuff...not so much.