Hood Ornament?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Was looking at some 400s on dealer sites and saw some trucks had these hood ornaments:

You must be registered for see images attach

Were these ever factory or just an aftermarket item? I really like the look of it, but I'm sure they are hard to find.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was looking at some 400s on dealer sites and saw some trucks had these hood ornaments:

Were these ever factory or just an aftermarket item? I really like the look of it, but I'm sure they are hard to find.

I actually like and miss hood ornaments. I believe they were never a stock option for the 400. Square bodys were the last to offer hood ornaments. I was gonna put one in the suburban but never found the font or style I wanted:)

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I love it honestly.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I love it honestly.
That looks like ones they used on 73 to 77 Monte Carlo. Probably in the Chevy accessory catalog. Square body trucks had an optional hood ornament that was square, and IIRC had the bowtie on it. Haven't seen one in many years....there's a GMC version that says "GMC " on it. Dad had one on his 75 but that truck is long gone.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Looks aftermarket, to me. IMO may as well get the "Limited Edition" badges from Vatozone, get a half dozen, put one on the grille, each fender, tailgate, and your dashboard...the last one is for your keychain. :D

Those squarebody hood ornaments were OK because the trucks were square like the ornaments, LOL.. my little brother had like an '82 or something that was a diesel, and the hood ornament was sure to tell you so. DIESEL it sez. He built a pretty stout big block for it and swapped it in; I told him he should leave the diesel badges on there...

Richard

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Around me there were a number of machinists that received 1996 green, 5.7 c1500 W/T Chevys. I dont know how they received them but there was like 20 of them around here, they all had brass donkeys sitting on their ***** as hood ornaments. LOL My buddy had one. I thought I seen his truck as it was identical. Except this guy had his since it was new. He told me the story about the rest of the "fleet" but I dont remember the story, just that there was at least 20 of them and they all had donkeys for hood ornaments. So the city I live closest to had a number of manufacturing plants closed and just destroy the local economy and of course, the people. But some made it through, this guy retrained as an electrician. They made a lot of parts for the big 3, and the trucks were purchased through their company with employee discounts ect.... they paid off the truck over time off of their paycheck is what I understood. Some companies really know how to treat their employees, but ultimately 1000's of people lost their jobs.

I wish I had a pic of the truck, this guy really took care of it.

Al

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks like ones they used on 73 to 77 Monte Carlo. Probably in the Chevy accessory catalog. Square body trucks had an optional hood ornament that was square, and IIRC had the bowtie on it. Haven't seen one in many years....there's a GMC version that says "GMC " on it. Dad had one on his 75 but that truck is long gone.
I kinda wish it was a factory option on 400s.