home made caltrac traction bars.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At the sema show back in 03 Lakewood had a set of traction bars specifically made for the GMT400. I have never seen them again who knows if they were ever in production but they did make them.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Just add a little NOS to the pic and that v-6 will turn some numbers.

Got a buddy that has a built 4.3 with an A.T.I. Procharger. 8lbs boost makes around 300 HP. Has been cranked up to 15lbs. Says it could take more. He's hurtin' for cash right now, but for the $$$ he's got into it, & what he wants for it, I could build a pretty nice V8. Hmmm, maybe an 8, with the procharger!

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have Slide-A-Links on my Camaro and you can back off the preload for street driving which is nice. They shouldn't be much more difficult to DIY than Caltracs.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cousin made a pair for his cummins... his buddy was driving and bent them so he made more and they are alot strong... i thought they were for posing purpose... then i realized how much it needed them... that thing has some crazy torque

1996*GMC*SHORTBED

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need some horsepower & torque to have to need CalTracs. Personally, I don't need them at all. I have a 4L60E with a LS1 at about 350 h.p. My BellTech front & rear sway-bars, KYB MonoMax shocks, lowered stance, & posi rear, all make it work just fine. Additional traction control not needed.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Since 4.3L's came up...

4.3L with a turbo in a 1968 Firebird, was running 12 flat in 1/4/.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
You need some horsepower & torque to have to need CalTracs. Personally, I don't need them at all. I have a 4L60E with a LS1 at about 350 h.p. My BellTech front & rear sway-bars, KYB MonoMax shocks, lowered stance, & posi rear, all make it work just fine. Additional traction control not needed.

Do you run DR or street tires.