Holley Sniper EFI?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe these are the adapter fittings. Verify before ordering.

Male -6 AN to Female M14 x 1.5

Male -8 AN to Female M14 x 1.5

Then you'll need some simple female to female AN connectors to connect these to the throttle body. I ended up ditching one of the straight ones for a 45* fitting, and I think it was the -8. Again, verify before ordering.

Female -6 AN to -6 AN Straight Union 45 Degree Union

Female -8 AN to -8 AN 45 Degree Union Straight Union

Last edited:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can do a lot with the factory TBI for a lot less money. 350 horses is no problem but it does require datalogging and burning chips. The things that make TBI better is your truck is already set up for it,parts are readily available and it is dependable. Either way you're going down a rabbit hole,just depends on how deep you wanna go.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked into doing my own tuning. It was going to be $400+ for all the stuff to burn my own chips, the chips themselves, software, etc. Then I'd also have to learn how to tune. The refurbished Sniper kits were $800, with no requirement to learn tuning. It's the part where they don't tell you all the rest of the stuff you need that makes the Sniper less attractive.

You need about $100 worth of throttle adapters and $50 worth of AN fittings. You need a square-bore intake. You need a Vortec fuel pump. You might need to weld an O2 bung into your exhaust.

All that said, I'd do it again, and I'm seriously considering a Sniper 2 for Roscoe.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked into doing my own tuning. It was going to be $400+ for all the stuff to burn my own chips, the chips themselves, software, etc.
Dude,you were looking for love in all the wrong places. TunerPro RT is basically free,my prom reader/burner was $40 brand new off evilbay and the 27SF512 EEPROMS were $14 each so $28 in those and the cable to link my ECM to my laptop was $60. A year ago I was dumb as a box of rocks where EFI is concerned and have yet to install the chip that I burned for the ECM upgrade. Some because of the intimidation factor but mostly just because I haven't pulled a round tuit out yet.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the 27SF512 EEPROMS were $14 each so $28 in those.
The price has gone crazy since I bought mine for $5/ea IIRC. On the older 1227747, I got an ECM with a 28 pin ZIF (Zero Inserting Force) soldered in (from Dave w at Old School EFI for $135) so I can easily swap the chips. Originally, that generation ECM had a 24 pin chip. This setup is low enough to screw the cover back on ;)

This socket has a quick release lever too, takes seconds to swap one out.
You must be registered for see images attach

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The price has gone crazy since I bought mine for $5/ea IIRC. On the older 1227747, I got an ECM with a 28 pin ZIF (Zero Inserting Force) soldered in (from Dave w at Old School EFI for $135) so I can easily swap the chips. Originally, that generation ECM had a 24 pin chip. This setup is low enough to screw the cover back on ;)

This socket has a quick release lever too, takes seconds to swap one out.
You must be registered for see images attach
As you know I bought a 7427 ECM just so I could use the 28 pin EEPROMS without having to do the 28 pin upgrade on the 7747. Boosted NW is now selling that Cobra RT emulator that works in the 7427 and if I buy that I'm still in under $400 for the electronic components.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude,you were looking for love in all the wrong places.
I was also going to have to bore out the TB, crank the fuel pressure, swap in bigger injectors, etc. Keep in mind I'm running a significantly bigger cam and Vortec heads. I already had the squarebore Vortec manifold on hand and I was going to have to run a TBI adapter on a spreadbore to squarebore adapter. The Sniper just made more sense for me, but I know it's not for everyone.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was also going to have to bore out the TB, crank the fuel pressure, swap in bigger injectors, etc. Keep in mind I'm running a significantly bigger cam and Vortec heads. I already had the squarebore Vortec manifold on hand and I was going to have to run a TBI adapter on a spreadbore to squarebore adapter. The Sniper just made more sense for me, but I know it's not for everyone.
Yeah,I'm doing the same thing. Edelbrok air gap,cam,ported and port matched heads 9.2:1 CR. That intake currently has a Q-jet sitting on it. I bought a complete 454 TB that came with the 81lb injectors and a GM spreadbore adapter for $200. Bushed the throttle shaft for $8 still have to get the overhaul kit that's going to set me back $45. Now with the TB and refurb parts for it plus the electronic goodies that puts me in at over $400 but still half of the cost of a rebuilt Sniper and it is a direct bolt on system with no needed extras or crap parts. The only thing that would piss me off would be the Q-jet and HEI outperforms the EFI. If that happens y'all are gonna see some EFI goodies up for sale.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah,I'm doing the same thing. Edelbrok air gap,cam,ported and port matched heads 9.2:1 CR. That intake currently has a Q-jet sitting on it. I bought a complete 454 TB that came with the 81lb injectors and a GM spreadbore adapter for $200. Bushed the throttle shaft for $8 still have to get the overhaul kit that's going to set me back $45. Now with the TB and refurb parts for it plus the electronic goodies that puts me in at over $400 but still half of the cost of a rebuilt Sniper and it is a direct bolt on system with no needed extras or crap parts. The only thing that would piss me off would be the Q-jet and HEI outperforms the EFI. If that happens y'all are gonna see some EFI goodies up for sale.
Are you planning to do a lab acceleration test or dyno to compare the two. The air fuel ratios of a well tuned carb would shock most EFI fanboys.