Holley sniper efi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uhhhpooo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 1988 350tbi that I would like to build to a 355 and swap the tbi system for a holley sniper, it has the 700r4/4L60 trans in it, the old owner had a 355 with a spacer but it blew up… what all would I need for the sniper conversion, or would it be better to do upgraded injectors and a tune. Older picture
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1398.jpeg
    IMG_1398.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're running a stock or mild cam, there's no reason to swap to a Sniper. The TBIs aren't hard to fix.

If you do get a Sniper, Holley sells refurbished Snipers on their website for about a $200 discount. You'll need:
The basic Sniper kit - don't bother with the "Master Kit" because it has a lot of stupid stuff you'll have to fabricate to use, and it doesn't have the bits you absolutely need.
A square-bore intake manifold. I used Summit Racing's dual plane because it's a rebadged Weiand and it was only about $160 at the time.
A stock Vortec fuel pump. It drops right in place of the stock TBI pump, but readily supplies the fuel needed for a Sniper. Look for the EP381.
The metric-to-AN adapters to plug your stock fuel lines right to the Sniper. It took me a bit to find the correct ones on Summit's website and if I feel froggy I'll look them up. I'm pretty sure I have them in WCJr's build thread.
You'll NEED the throttle arm adapter. I think Holley should include it with the Sniper, but instead they don't tell you about it, your GM has to have it, and they charge you an extra $16 for it. Without it you can bend the throttle shaft if you plant the gas pedal too hard.
You'll need a way to mount the throttle and TV cables, and Summit sells a carburetor bracket kit that works pretty well.

The things you'll need to know are that the TPS is a round-plug TPS from a later TBI. The O2 sensor is a wide-band from an early '00s Dodge truck. I think the CTS is from our trucks, but I might be wrong on that. The throttle plates are likely mis-adjusted from the factory, so be ready to remove and reinstall the throttle plates with new loctite.

Mine busted off and ran immediately and self-tuned pretty nicely with driving, but it's had a few issues.

uhhhpooo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, but I have done more research and i think i am going get a 355 that’s tbi compatible and get new injectors and a tune. Your build sounds cool tho

uhhhpooo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
was looking at it, seems better then the first one, wonder if there is any problems or if it would cause any problems

Last edited: