Hobbs 96 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some more updates. Decided to hang up the limited grille I pulled several months ago. Weird coincidence that I have a black grille and a silver grille.

Other updates include more junkyarding. I decided that if I’m going to consider going to a gmc look, I should really get another tailgate. As good as I am as pulling banners, I don’t like to temp fate. So the truck I pulled the grille from only had 114k, and had a plastic bedliner installed. So I took a closer look at the tailgate. It’s pretty close to mint for my area. So off to the paint shop it will go. I still have to get rid of the wasps nests and mud dobber nests inside it. And here’s photos.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was just thinking the other day how I would be able to justify grabbing any mint grills I may find in the future at any pull a parts. Wall decorations!
This is pushing me to clean up and touch up my GMC grill and slap it back on my truck, now that I have a paint code that matches perfectly I can do it up proper this time.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
This is pushing me to clean up and touch up my GMC grill and slap it back on my truck, now that I have a paint code that matches perfectly I can do it up proper this time.
I'll put a GMC grille back on my blue truck if you do, lol. :lol:

---------------------------------

There was a 98 Yukon at my college that was mint... literally, no rust. Only had a few thousand miles on it, no joke. The previous owner must've blew the engine and donated it to the college, not sure why. Sadly, my instructor kept the cluster, and the turn signal stalk. I wanted them soooo bad. I really persuaded my two instructors to let me take a few things, so they finally said that I could take anything I wanted off it, since it was going to get crushed soon. So I took the GMC grille/filler piece, and the door panels, since I ran out of time. Truck was burgundy (with a hint of brown) and the interior was burgundy. Wished I could've grabbed the rear bumper and the steering wheel, both in excellent condition.

Last edited:

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So today was an eventful day. I finally decided to tackle the harmonic balancer and crank pulley. Evidentially they had been replaced before, and someone had put a China crank pulley on it. After inspection, neither probably needed replacement, but as part of some planned upgrades, I figured it was a good time to do these.

I also decided to install my egt probe. Most folks go to the outside of the exhaust manifold, I decided to go for a cleaner look and go to the inside of the manifold.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Can you tell me more about those door handles?