98 Z71 Silverado Beginner Build (INTRODUCTION)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiseLifeB

Reaction score
Hello Happy to be here
Got my first truck a couple months ago.
300K + miles
3” Body Lift
New trans & new engine about 40K miles ago (claimed the seller)
Starts great and strong Every time .
Took it to a Mechanic at time of purchase for a once over he told me the front end needed to be completely redone. & he took out the front driveshaft out (I have it) because the U-Joints we in horrible condition & at risk of failing. Had a wedding almost a month ago, and finally have settled down and have the time to work on it. I have little experience with cars and no mechanical experience (changing headlights, tail lights, temp sensors, tires, etc mostly cosmetic stuff)
I will be mainly using as a Farm/Work truck & some Hauling. But I do have a love for classics & I would like to completely refurbish the truck if time and money allows, maybe even have it be the first truck my young daughters learn to drive God willing . Happy to be here looking forward to learning a lot. Will be getting my U-Joints in this week so I will be posting again soon

Attachments

• 2EAEC20C-A1C6-4C90-8E81-8D938A37D1C6.jpeg
    2EAEC20C-A1C6-4C90-8E81-8D938A37D1C6.jpeg
    709.1 KB · Views: 18

CruiseLifeB

Reaction score
Welcome. What’s the plans for it?
Mainly will be a farm/work truck and some hauling For now, but I still would like it to be a pretty nice truck by the time I’m finished playing with it. I would like to get it mechanically sound first with basic parts before I think about custom mechanics, then start on cosmetics body and interior.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, from Houston, Texas.
Sounds like you have a good truck, and a great plan for getting it sorted out. Once it runs, drives, stops, shifts and steers like it's supposed to, and it's reliable and trustworthy, then you can start on the cosmetics/appearance stuff.