HELP! I can't find any headers to fit my application

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackedoutZ

Reaction score
I've searched and searched with no luck so I'm asking for help.

I've got a 1991 4WD that I'm putting a 6.0 in and I'm looking for some long tubes preferably. I've found a few for 2WD but they say they will not work with 4WD. I know I'm not the first to do this???

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
You're not the first to look, and you're not the first to fail. There aren't any long tubes for a 4x4 ls GMT400 swap.

Pretty disappointing I know.

blackedoutZ

Reaction score
very disappointing :(

so what are my options - have a set custom made, buy the 2wd and have them customized, or remove the 4WD?

you say not any long tubes, how about shorty or mids???

blackedoutZ

Reaction score
the guys over at pacesetter sent me this link http://www.pickupandracehaven.com/pacesetter-headers-115602.cfm

saying:
"Ok after some digging I couldn't find mid or shorty headers specifically for it.
I did find some people are using these long tubes but had to make a mod to the driver side. From what I read he pounded on the frame rather than denting the header, I think that's what I would do"

I'm going to order a set and give it a shot I'll post up results when I finish hopefully with good news!!

blackedoutZ

Reaction score
I don't see why I couldn't just go with some shorty headers for a yukon/escalade and run my exhaust up to them?? any disadvantage to that idea?? what have others done??

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm thinking if the stock 6.0 manifolds fit then some shorty should fit. Do you have the manifolds?

blackedoutZ

Reaction score
I do not have the manifolds. I think I'm going to get the long tubes and give it a shot. I'd like to see what others done on the front of the motor with pulleys etc..

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont know if you bought anything yet but i know Pace setter makes them for 4 WD trucks. Dont know the part number though.
Shoenfeld is only for 2 WD