help figuring out what TV cable i have...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
if it were me i would just drill the hole bigger to fit whatever cable that is the right length and call it a day.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
And put metal shavings in the transmission? Idk about that one. Not sure how you get a drill up there without dropping the tran either.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah im going to make a few calls if nothing else i can try to either drill it out or just break down and go to our local pull apart and grab me a known 700r4 tranny and tq converter and just install it in the truck and be done with it.. im off work tomorrow so thats what ill do if i cant figure it out tongiht

PLUS the guy i got it from drove around on it with no cable (wasnt the brightest person) so no telling if this will fix the shifting issues or not. so i may be better getting a new tranny anyway i was just trying to save money and work.. BLAH i hate pulling trannys in these things by my self. i need to put a oil pan gasket on it i might just pull motor and everything together and regasket it all and get me a new tranny.. im undecided yet.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay i found out for sure its a turbo 350 transmission... so those of you who have done swaps what cable did you run

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
coulda swore it has over drive maybe not, im loosing it.. lol anyway anyidea what cable people use when doing this swap

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
TH350 doesn't use a cable...it's vacuum operated for shifting.. Downshifting for passing gear does use a cable