help figuring out what TV cable i have...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay i just got a chance to look at the 92 lifted chevy i picked up.. it hasnt been shifting right so i go to adjust the TV cable hoping that was it... WELLLL i pop the hood and there is no cable at ALL.. i get under the truck and someone had cut the cable.. so i was hoping to run to advance auto and pick up a new one in which i did. i get home all excited only to find out the part that goes into the transmission is to big. so with that said how can i determine what tv cable i need im lost on this one. my truck is a 1992 with a 350 and 700r4 tranny.

this is what i bought
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...ent-Cable-ATP_3925269-P_657_R|GRPCABLAMS_____

BUT it needs a smaller end that goes into a transmission like this

You must be registered for see images attach

i know its hard to tell but the one in the picture i took is smaller...

any help would be great

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Are you SURE it is smaller?

I think you just need to pull the grommet out of the tranny before trying to put the new one in...happened to me.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
After further thought and reading those reviews on Advance's website, go to a junkyard!

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you SURE it is smaller?

I think you just need to pull the grommet out of the tranny before trying to put the new one in...happened to me.

yes im dead sure you can hold them up and compare sizes... this is why i was so confused

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
okay went to another parts store on lunch this was a 56 dollar cable and it also was bigger then the one that was in my tranny.. wat the heck is going on here.. im so lost. he got a cable out from a 80s model truck and it compared in size to the part that goes into the tranny but how it mounts to the throttle body is a lil diff... any one have any thoughts or anything

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Did the one that was on it have a grommet in the hole? It looks like it was designed to hold an o-ring?

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did the one that was on it have a grommet in the hole? It looks like it was designed to hold an o-ring?

man im not sure i dont think that it did, i mean surely it woulda pulled out as much as i was messing with it