help figuring out what TV cable i have...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well a 700R4 definitely has a grommet in the transmission that the TV cable goes into. I know this for a fact, when I had mine rebuilt the da left it out and it leaked everywhere, I had to unhook it and put a new grommet in (local transmission shop owner gave me one, had boxes of them).

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well a 700R4 definitely has a grommet in the transmission that the TV cable goes into. I know this for a fact, when I had mine rebuilt the da left it out and it leaked everywhere, I had to unhook it and put a new grommet in (local transmission shop owner gave me one, had boxes of them).

ill have to check that out... if thats the case then how would the new one seal with out a o ring or anything.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
The rubber grommet is a very tight fit over the end of the cable plug, and when it's in the hole in the transmission that makes it even tighter, sealing it.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rubber grommet is a very tight fit over the end of the cable plug, and when it's in the hole in the transmission that makes it even tighter, sealing it.

there was no grommet... and like i said i went to a few more parts places after work and the part that goes into the tranny was way bigger but when i would ask for one from a 80s model it was the right size but no where near long enough. im so lost on what to do now.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
there was no grommet... and like i said i went to a few more parts places after work and the part that goes into the tranny was way bigger but when i would ask for one from a 80s model it was the right size but no where near long enough. im so lost on what to do now.

Well then I don't believe it is a 700R4 then.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What year 80's truck are you trying? Try 1 for a 90 Chevy K5 Blazer 350, those are tbi and 700r4 and should be long enough. You could also check 1 on 1991 Camaro RS 305.

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
he just pulled one from a 87 model truck off the shelf and let me try it.. the truck is a 4x4 so not sure if one from camaro would work. ill try to get one for a blazer and see... whats throwing me off is the truck has over drive soo with that said it cant be a turbo 350 right?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
in 91 the 700r4 was actually renamed the 4l60, the cable problem is with the trans end not fitting in the hole?

Last edited:

withoutfear33

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
in 91 the 700r4 was actually renamed the 4l60, the cable problem is with the trans end not fitting in the hole?

yes it will not fit in the hole going into the transmission.. i went to a parts store yesterday and we drug out every single cable from a 79 model to a 97 model and we found the correct ends that mount to the throttle body but none that would fit into the tranny..