Hello from Louisville!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I know I'm boring y'all with nonsense and baby steps on the progress of my truck, but I'm chipping away at it, lol!

You must be registered for see images attach

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
Cool! Now I know how I'm going to remove the long bed off my K3500 if/when my fuel pump goes out!

Are you going to consider painting the frame and axle? It looks kinda rusty, no?

Don't let the pictures fool you. It was a royal PITA to remove the bed. The tool works, but the hoist's boom wasn't long enough to reach the center of the bed. Also, the balance point of the bed would require you to place one of the hoist,'s legs where the truck's rear tire is. I removed the wheel, and still couldn't position it where it needed to be because of the jack stand. To get the bed high enough, the bedside hits the hoist. I didn't get any pictures because it was 91°, humid as a steam room, no shade, and I was by myself. The MFs and SOBs were flowing almost as freely as sweat was.
Would have been much simpler with 4 people instead of the lift/tool. But I got it done.

And yes, I plan on dealing with the rust.

1ton-o-fun

Reaction score
Do you have a way of hanging a chain hoist from a big tree? Or maybe something like an A frame

Nope. I wouldn't mind one of those gantry or A frame things. Absolutely perfect for this and other projects I have planned for the truck (cab removal), but it becomes an eyesore when not in use. The interior of the garage is old and not suitable either.

Last edited: