Hello everybody need help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
About a week ago I bought a 97 z71 it's in decent shape but the transmission is bad but what I need help with is my drivers side window wont work and for some reason the wires to the lock switch get hot but the window switch still lowers the passenger side window what could be?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could be a ton of things, but if a wire is getting hot, thats usually a sign of a short. It could be in the switch, or just a pinched wire. I think I would start by pulling the switch, in and testing the wires for a short. If its in the switch, If the switch needs to be replaced, a new switch assembly from the junk yard is cheap.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:welcome:

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be a ton of things, but if a wire is getting hot, thats usually a sign of a short. It could be in the switch, or just a pinched wire. I think I would start by pulling the switch, in and testing the wires for a short. If its in the switch, If the switch needs to be replaced, a new switch assembly from the junk yard is cheap.

OK and I was able to switch out the window regulator with one from the junkyard and it worked for a little bit but then it just stopped and then the wires were getting hot again could I have put too much force on it but I'm hoping it's just the switch assembly and not any pinched wires

Vjcamp

Reaction score
Try, with door open, wiggling the wires between the cab body and the door; may have some wires going bad in there