Hello everybody.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Those wheel are quite a story...
The short version is that I needed to replace the tires it came whit and it had those large wheels whit slim rubber.

You must be registered for see images attach

It looked quite good but not really practical for the purpose I need it for. I bought a set of used rims and almost brand new tires for quite a good deal. Don't rememeber what truck it came off of.

Let me know if you want to hear the long story, i might type it up one day. :)

I've learned a lot and the process is quite enjoyable actually. I just wish I had more time to do things.

This is a very low budget project so unless it is broken or I want/need to change something its not going to happen
I got no problems whit rear heater hoses at the moment so that is not a priority. There are more urgent things I need to fix.

First I wished I had the barn doors but now I like the tailgate better. I live in the wet cost and a little awning is nice when I open up the rear glass. :)
Yes, the barn doors are no fun in the rain! When I'm loading groceries or boxes of toys or my brother's wheelchair, it's not good that everything back there gets damp. Got caught in a heavy rain storm at a swap meet last fall, it was very difficult to keep anything dry.
I totally understand about doing things on a very low budget! That's why my Burb is barely getting regular maintenance, let alone any serious mods or repairs. Here at the RV park, there's not much I can do ( we're not allowed to do major repairs here) and at my shop building, I'm working in the driveway.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey-welcome to the forum from 99 Tahoe Z71 owner in England-looks like you've done a lot to it. When it comes to AC you said "one of the pipes leaking". I have replaced nearly whole AC system recently to get it working again so let me know what do you mean by that and I may give you solution since I got a sneaky feeling you on about the long ones running to the back. And if not then you are most likely need to replace em anyway but it's easier said then done but there's a way.Enjoy the rig.

Last edited:

BC K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey-welcome to the forum from 99 Tahoe Z71 owner in England-looks like you've done a lot to it. When it comes to AC you said "one of the pipes leaking". I have replaced nearly whole AC system recently to get it working again so let me know what do you mean by that and I may give you solution since I got a sneaky feeling you on about the long ones running to the back. And if not then you are most likely need to replace em anyway but it's easier said then done but there's a way.Enjoy the rig.
Thank you for the offer, I'll gladly take your offer if my fix wont work.

By a pipe I mean this piece;
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9804864&cc=1304952&pt=6900&jsn=847

It is going from the passenger side firewall to front of the radiator.
I charged the system and its leaking like crazy by the firewall and at the connection in the middle.

I already have the part but was unable to remove the gigantic nut by the firewall side, It is larger than any of my crescent wrenches i have, haven't measured it yet but its large. I might have to remove the condenser or get some special tools to be able to get to it.
It is a comfort thing so I put it on the back burner as I have to deal whit a coolant leak and muffler before I can get to the AC.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for the offer, I'll gladly take your offer if my fix wont work.

By a pipe I mean this piece;
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9804864&cc=1304952&pt=6900&jsn=847

It is going from the passenger side firewall to front of the radiator.
I charged the system and its leaking like crazy by the firewall and at the connection in the middle.

I already have the part but was unable to remove the gigantic nut by the firewall side, It is larger than any of my crescent wrenches i have, haven't measured it yet but its large. I might have to remove the condenser or get some special tools to be able to get to it.
It is a comfort thing so I put it on the back burner as I have to deal whit a coolant leak and muffler before I can get to the AC.
So this one is leaking-that's a surprise. You need 2 big wrenches for this one-and the access is crap as you work over the fender.
I meant the ones that run all the way to the back. If this one is corroded the 10 and 20 mm running to the back will too-even if not initially then they will let go under rubber coats you'll find in few places on the whole length. The 10 mm can be fixed by splicing cooper pipe in. But 20 is a pain-or at least it was for me cause I couldn't find 20mm cooper pipe-but I took the old one and usinfg original fittings I had refrig hose installed instead-hoses are really cheap in the US.
You can get original parts from rockauto too but the way they are bent it would be incredibly hard or impossible to replace them without detaching body from chassis. Let me know if you wanna know more-I'll back it with pictures and numbers.

BC K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So this one is leaking-that's a surprise. You need 2 big wrenches for this one-and the access is crap as you work over the fender.
I meant the ones that run all the way to the back. If this one is corroded the 10 and 20 mm running to the back will too-even if not initially then they will let go under rubber coats you'll find in few places on the whole length. The 10 mm can be fixed by splicing cooper pipe in. But 20 is a pain-or at least it was for me cause I couldn't find 20mm cooper pipe-but I took the old one and using original fittings I had refrig hose installed instead-hoses are really cheap in the US.
You can get original parts from rockauto too but the way they are bent it would be incredibly hard or impossible to replace them without detaching body from chassis. Let me know if you wanna know more-I'll back it with pictures and numbers.
I already have the part and I tried to replace it but it wouldn't bulge. I need to buy two proper sized crescent wrenches ( those thing must be 30-34mm at least) as there is no room to get to it whit the pipe wrench. Do you happened to know what is the size of those nuts?

I hope that I don't have any other leaks. Time will tell...

Thank you.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't remember but I was talking to a friend and he has no bigger wrench than 32mm-it could've been 27 or something. Take caliper rule and measure-that would be safest method. Or maybe there's an a1 you tube video on the fix-they list the tools needed at the beggining of each video.

BC K1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can't remember but I was talking to a friend and he has no bigger wrench than 32mm-it could've been 27 or something. Take caliper rule and measure-that would be safest method. Or maybe there's an a1 you tube video on the fix-they list the tools needed at the beggining of each video.
I know its an old post but I just in case someone is interested there is an update;

I finally found the time to replace that line, I had to remove the the AC dryer ( I was really trying to avoid having to do that.) to have enough room to work.
I used to adjustable wrenches and had to MacGyver an extension both of them to get enough leverage. It required great amount of force to get it off until the last thread. It started to worry me that someone had cross thread it when installing it.

As it turned out the threads are fine, what i figure is happened that the leaking coolant somehow caused corrosion as it was escaped trough the threads and made it really hard to get it off.
I charged the system, just have to wait and see if there is another leak somewhere else. :p

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know its an old post but I just in case someone is interested there is an update;

I finally found the time to replace that line, I had to remove the the AC dryer ( I was really trying to avoid having to do that.) to have enough room to work.
I used to adjustable wrenches and had to MacGyver an extension both of them to get enough leverage. It required great amount of force to get it off until the last thread. It started to worry me that someone had cross thread it when installing it.

As it turned out the threads are fine, what i figure is happened that the leaking coolant somehow caused corrosion as it was escaped trough the threads and made it really hard to get it off.
I charged the system, just have to wait and see if there is another leak somewhere else. :p
Is there an o ring? And if so-have you replaced that?